Friday, September 6, 2013

I'm Done With Complaining



I have complained, whined, cried, begged, bargained and denied....for months.  Here's news: it saps your strength and it doesn't work.   Although it is late in the year for resolutions, I vow to complain no more.  

Here's a grab bag of images and quotes from travels more famous than my own to illustrate my point.




“Henceforth I ask not good fortune – I myself am good fortune,
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing.
Strong and content, I travel the open road.”
 --- Walt Whitman,  Song of the Open Road



 "Poop, poop!"
--- Kenneth Grahame, Wind in the Willows


2 comments:

  1. Candi- you are on the road of recovery and discovery. Complaining isn't the worse thing you can do - it is real. "The goal of spiritual practice is full recovery, and the only thing you need to recover from is a fractured sense of self."
    Marianne Williamson

    ReplyDelete
  2. And honestly, complaining? If you say so! But-- you complain less than anyone we know.

    Put the Prius in high gear and coast for a while with your Toady friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete